10.20.2012

Mascara Meltdown 05


Last weekend was the famous Red River Rivalry…for those of you who don’t follow college football it’s the long standing rivalry game between the Oklahoma Sooners and Texas Longhorns that takes place in Dallas every year.

For a college guy, I presume that the long awaited weekend does not require much preparation. I can just see them carelessly tossing a pair of cowboy boots into their backpacks, grabbing a case of beer and hitting the road expecting everything to work out… So not the case for girls!


Girls plan outfits, bring spare outfits, multiple pairs of cowboy boots, make up, jewelry, flat irons, curling irons, electric toothbrushes and HOARDS of hair spray. Better to be over prepared than under prepared right? I sure did learn that lesson the hard way…

If you read my post about my perfect mascara (Benefit’s BADgal Lash) you know how much of a mascara snob I am. Hey, at least I admit it…right!? It’s just one of those products that I MUST have, even over food. Think Carrie Bradshaw circa 1998 buying Vogue instead of food…


"When I first moved to New York, I bought VOGUE instead of dinner. I just felt it fed me more." -SATC

I feel her pain! (And hunger pangs...)

So imagine my shock and horror when I opened my makeup bag, which I was certain contained EVERYTHING that I might, maybe, even just a little bit need for the weekend to find that my mascara was missing. WHAT?! HOW!? NO!!!

As I rewound in my head all of the possible places that it could be I remembered exactly where it was. It was in my car, which was conveniently 192 miles north and across a state line from me…great.


My freak out did not go unnoticed by my girlfriends and roommates for the weekend who quickly came to my rescue and drove me to the quickest drug store to get a replacement. I was terrified!

The last time I used drug store mascara I swear it made all of my eyelashes fall out! But desperate times call for desperate measures….so I took the plunge.

At the suggestion of one of my girlfriends who had been nice enough to drive me to Wallgreens I settled on LOREAL’s Voluminous Mascara.


WOW. I have to tell you, I was very impressed. The brush was very similar to my treasured BADgal: no clumps and plenty of length. Plus it was more than budget friendly to my already expensive weekend.

Although this was more of a “yes” by force…it was a beneficial yes, nonetheless! I’ve decided to supplement my borderline unhealthy BADgal addiction with a less expensive and almost equally great mascara.

This means one thing: more money for my completely awful coffee addiction…so even if the new mascara doesn’t lead me to my chi it will most certainly lead me to my coffee which keeps me sane enough to keep searching!


No comments:

Post a Comment