11.30.2012

A Satisfied Single Girl


During the holiday season there seems to be an overwhelming amount of songs, movies, commercials and random awkward couples in the mall that make a girl like me feel badly about being single.

Last night I was sitting in my apartment after having class from 9 A.M. to 9 P.M. (I kid you not…) My roommates were gone and I couldn’t help but feeling a little bit pathetic. Should I be hanging out with friends? At a party? With my non-existent boyfriend?

I flipped on a B grade Christmas movie and cozzied up in my bed with a tall glass of wine. I was instantly reminded of the perks of being single.



Savoring Silence
Silence is completely underrated! But, I must admit it’s rare to set aside time for silence when you’re in college. There’s even noise in the library! So instead of sulking in silence, savor every second of it!

Your Favorite Candle
I think candles were made for single people. Candles are kind of like perfume, everyone has their own preference and you either love it or you hate it. I love being able to burn my Voluspa French Cade and Lavender without any objections to the smell or placement of my candle. So what if I want to put an open flame next to my book collection? Fire, shmire! It looks pretty!

Being the Most Brilliant Girl
When you’re single, you’re always right! I have this coffee table book called The Most Brilliant Thoughts of All Time. It’s a great book, but I love reading it and letting myself think that my thoughts are even more brilliant! There’s nobody here to tell me they’re not, right?

Movie Mania
I’m a repeat offender when it comes to movies. When I love a movie I’ll watch it 10 times…in a row. Seriously. The Holiday is one of my all time favorites and with nobody here to stop me I can watch it as many times as I’d like! 

And what more could a girl want on a Thursday night? Besides maybe another glass of wine...



No comments:

Post a Comment