11.25.2012

Christmas Crafting


Pinterest has by far become my favorite procrastination enabler. Not that I’m proud of it, but everyone procrastinates, right? And if I’m procrastinating I’d rather be doing it on Pinterest than Facebook. (You can only stalk people for so long…) Plus, it’s not technically procrastinating if it’s over Thanksgiving break!

I’ve been practically drooling over the Christmas pins that have been popping up on my feed. Usually I’m really hardcore about waiting to celebrate Christmas until December first…I hate skipping Thanksgiving! But I had to make an exception just this once.


 As soon as I got back to school finals would start and I would hardly have time to fill my cup of coffee, much less take the time to Christmas craft! It was now or never.

Have any of y’all seen those adorable Mason jar snow globes that have been all over Pinterest? They seemed do-able and cheap. What was I waiting for? One trip to Hobby Lobby and one scavenger hunt in my garage later I was ready to start.



Here’s what I used:

1 Mason jar
1 container of white glitter
& something to  put inside of the snow globe! I used a little wooden tree that I found in one of the craft isles at Hobby Lobby…it cost me all of 29 cents! I also used some old scrabble letters. But the inside of the jar is the fun part! You can add or subtract whatever you have in your craft drawer!

Then it’s time to get imaginative. I moved things around a million times until I got it to look the way I wanted it to! And once I was done I was ready to make more! Of course I was crafting into the wee hours of the morning so Hobby Lobby was closed, but, I’ll definitely be making a trip back later in the week to get my fill of these Mason jar snow globes!

I can guarantee that there will be more posts about Christmas crafts to come! Happy crafting and Merry (really, really, ridiculously early) Christmas!





No comments:

Post a Comment