9.09.2012

Sunday, Sunday


So much to do, so little time! 

I hesitantly turned the key to my apartment and slowly opened the door. As soon as it shut behind me I had that horrible sinking Sunday feeling. You know, that feeling when you realize that your three days of freedom are forever gone and you are doomed to all of the homework and studying you have been neglecting? Well it hit me all at once and in an instant my Sunday-fun-day turned into Sunday-I have nothing done-day.

I wasn’t behind in any of my classes but the imminence of all that was to come was sending my stress level soaring through the top floor of my apartment complex! I thought that by the time I was a junior in college I would be used to this kind of stress. Hardly!

It was time for some words of wisdom from Carrie Bradshaw. And as always, she knew just what to say.

"After all, computers crash, people die, relationships fall apart. The best we can do is breathe and reboot."


OK so my computer hadn’t crashed, I was still alive and my perpetually non-existent relationship hadn’t fallen apart…Mostly because it had never materialized, but that’s beside the point! Huh, I thought, by Carrie’s standards I was doing just fine!

Her words reminded me to start over, to go back to my basics. I needed to breath and reboot. IE: freaking out is never the best solution! I reminded myself of my cardinal rules of stress management: motivate, plan and act…and then go do yoga! I could handle that!

My favorite stress reliever! 


 So this, for whatever it’s worth, is my advice to all of you out there who are experiencing a similar Sunday slump: Don’t be so hard on yourself! Take a deep breath, map it all out, get it all done, and then go reward yourself by burning off some steam. Which for me always means yoga, because in my book almost any other kind of exercise is just painful! 

So with that being said I'm off to try to find my chi! Laugh away, but it's been a goal of mine for about six months now! Anyways, that's a story for another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment